I won't guarantee I'll catch up on all the stuff I've missed sharing over the past month but I WILL TRY to do better going forward. Deal?
Today was a happy and sad day.
It was Xander's last visit with his speech therapist, Kimber. She has been coming to our home for the last 11 months and has helped Xander and me immensely. I don't know if we can ever repay her for her help and friendship over the last year. Yesterday, I had explained to Xander that Kimber's last visit was today so he helped me pick out a plant and card to give her. I'm not sure if he understood but I know he'll miss her. "Kimmer" is the first name he used outside of immediate family. I was VERY proud of myself for not crying as Kimber was leaving today, but I'm tearing up now so a change of subject is in order...
Later, the kids and I went to Seven Canyons with my long time friend and her beautiful daughters. The kids had SO much fun getting wet. I wasn't planning on letting Elsha get in the pool because her skin is so sensitive but she was persistent and I was glad I brought her suit just in case. She LOVED it! She sat in the flowing water and watched the leaves float past her for forever. Xander and Jennifer (4 years old) were the best of buds and were practically attached at the hip. They ran, splashed, held their heads under the water, and had a blast together. It was especially cute when they were sitting on top of a tall rock together, Xander behind Jennifer with his legs on either side of her. I was SO SAD my camera's batteries had died so I couldn't get a picture of them. (The cutie in the pictures with Xander and Elsha is Jennifer - I really love that sasspot!)


Later that night we were in the backyard and Elsha made a new friend. We shall call him Bumble and I hope he doesn't come back! Elsha saw a bee flying around and held out her finger. Bumble landed on her finger and started circling around on her hand - all the while Elsha was smiling. I, on the other hand, was running to shoo this new friend away. You see, James is incredibly allergic to bee stings and has had some very bad reactions. There are few things he fears in life and bees are at the top of his list. I can only imagine how much trouble I would've been in if I had let Bumble sting Elsha because it was CUTE to see her playing with a bee. Oh, how I wish it were a butterfly...

1 comment:
Shanon I have missed you on your blog. Was so nice to see you were back on and thanks for sharing the pictures of the kids in the water. Looks so fun. Also glad the bee did not bite Elsha - remember your mom is allergic to bees also. Love you lots - Grandma
Post a Comment