Elsha turned 2 years old this week and we had a blast for her birthday.
Daddy started out his little girl's birthday right making muffins for breakfast. According to Elsha and Xander they were cupcakes and they couldn't get enough!
We painted fingernails - such a fun thing for a little girl. I never would've guessed that she would instinctively know to hold out her fingers until they were dry but she did and my furniture will be eternally grateful to not have red smudges.
We enjoyed lunch with Grandma & Grandpa D at Red Robin. It was the first time in months that we took the kids to anything more extravagant than drive through. They did exceptionally well. There's nothing like well behaved kids to make a mom proud :)
Elsha went down for a late nap and we got her presents ready. After waiting to wake her for a little while Xander couldn't resist any longer. She HATES getting woken up and was prepped and ready to be super ornery until.... she came out to this site:
She got a Tea Set and wasn't sure what to think of it at first...
But she figured it out and was SUPER excited. Yes, that is a happy face. I think she was saying "Yay" or something similar... but a happy face none-the-less.
I refinished a cabinet my grandfather made for me when I was a kid.
I'll post before & after pictures on my other blog when I finish up a few details I'm considering adding. We'll see...
She also loved her boa & tiara (that Xander promptly sat on and broke within minutes after this picture, sigh)
Later, we had yummy cake (the real stuff this time, not muffins) and icecream with Grandma Laurie & Grandpa Tom.
Elsha loved being the center of attention all day.
YAY FOR BIRTHDAYS!







2 comments:
What a cutie-pie!! And that cabinet is DARLING. Love it!
All those pictures of Elsha's birthday party are so cute. She sure likes to be close to her daddy. Love Grandma
Post a Comment