Lately I've been hearing James saying "She's a spittin' image of her mother" when talking about Elsha. Of course I ask why and ponder all the cuteness that is Elsha thinking....
hmmm....
Does my smile bring a tear to your eye like Elsha's?
When you come home does the excitement in my face rival her squeals of happiness of Daddy being home?
Are those gorgeous, crazy curls on Elsha's head an insight to me when I was a child - yup I had them too!?
So many ways this question could be answered that would melt my heart.
No such luck. Here's the answers I've gotten lately. (Love you hun!)
Answer 1:
"She's not a happy camper when she wakes up" I'm not saying this isn't true. We both hate waking up - such an unpleasant experience. But really? Not nice!
Answer 2:
"When I went in to make sure she had covers on the small squeak of the door knob woke her up. Why are you two both paranoid sleepers? Anyone enters your room and you're wide awake." Well there's a funny story here about me learning not to sleep through the door opening but I'll save that for another day. Let's just say my Dad enjoyed finding unique and torturous ways to wake me up on the weekends, dripping water, smelly dogs and tickling my feet were just a few of the methods he found to be quite fun.
Answer 3:
"You both have to touch EVERYTHING in the store." Once again, not denying the truth of the statement but I'm not sure he meant it in a positive manner since he's been known to say shopping with me makes him dizzy. :)
SO... How long do you think it will take for James to notice that some of her cute qualities come from me as well? (Love you hun!)
Oh and by the way - she has James' flat butt! I would say "spittin' image of her father" but... (Love you hun!)


3 comments:
Shanon - Funny comments. Always the correct statement "Love you hun!" That's a cute picture of Elsha and her dad holding hands. Love Grandma
that is great... when he figures it out be sure to share the experience on your blog. (Eliza got my flat butt, poor girls).
Love the way you write -- keep it up and you'll an author some day. Love ya, Mom
Post a Comment