I was feeling ambitious and decided to make a cake. I made some marshmellow fondant last night - with success. Today I just needed to make the cake. I picked out a strawberry cake and marshmallow creme for the filling. I found this nifty trick to getting the cakes to bake really flat so there would be no need to trim them. I just didn't take into account how much it would affect the baking time! I used the tried-and-true toothpick trick and it came out clean - I PROMISE. Unfortunately my cake fell apart because the bottom wasn't done. :(
This is what I was going for:
This is what I got:
Xander assured me that no matter what my cakes look like he will ALWAYS be my taste-tester.
This cake was XANDER APPROVED!!!
2 comments:
I have so been there done that!!! I am making Alyssa's cake, her birthday is in about a month, and we are having a princess party with hopefully a princess castle cake....I think I will be making it a few times before just in case!! Thank goodness my kids aren't picky eaters either when it comes to cakes!!!
I think I will really enjoy decorating cakes - and I have a feeling I'd be good at it too, if I could just get to that point.
Post a Comment