Earlier this month we were lucky enough to be able to go to California.
I loved how warm it was compared to Utah and giggled every time I saw people wearing jackets because it was apparently a cold spell for them. I loved it!
Our first day we went to SEA WORLD!
The kids absolutely loved it! I don't know if they enjoyed all the animals or spending time with their Grandma & Grandpa D more.
We pet Sting Rays
The kids had a lot of fun with the Star Fish.
"We want to touch the orange one."
"We want to touch the pink one now."
"No, not that one. THAT one."
James did such a good job getting every star fish the kids wanted to see and touch.
We climbed in nets
There goes Xander...
And Mom trying to catch up, in heels...
Then Elsha & Grandma decided to join in the fun.
It was shortly after this that I lost Xander. He was there one minute and just gone the next. I went from angry that he ran off to panicked within a couple of minutes. I have no clue how long we had to search for him - too long in my opinion. I have never been so scared in all my life. I was nearly to the point of grabbing every person I saw and asking if they had seen my son - cause you know, "Have you seen a little boy running around. He's got a hat on if that helps differentiate him" would've done me a lot of good. Especially since we were in the kid's area where there were tons & tons of little boys running around.
Xander didn't leave my side after that. At least for a little while.
I loved watching the kids watch the animals. They've seen fish, but never anything like this...
After my heart calmed down from the loosing Xander scare we went back to the kids area.
There was this bounce house that allowed only a handful of kids in for 2 minutes. Xander ran and ran and ran. When it was Elsha's turn she also ran and ran and ran. When the lady said "Time's up" Elsha just kept on running and running and running. So... Grandma had to go in after her. Hilarious!
We had a blast!

4 comments:
What a fun trip... it makes me want to go... Its in the savings plan... TRIP TO DISNEYLAND... and everywhere else we can hit while we are in the area to make the 12 hour drive wort it. :) Glad you got to go, AND glad you finally posted again.
I can't wait to take Xander to Disneyland. He would have a blast. Elsha was afraid of the elevator at the hotel so we might just have to wait to take her for a little bit.
If you make it to San Diego you should totally visit the Mormon Battalion Memorial. It was a ton of fun for us adults and the little ones.
Shanon - Those are all great pictures. What a trip. Love
Anonymous comment from Grandma
Post a Comment